Tuesday, November 20, 2007

This Day can be a Day of Success!

“This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. Save us, we pray, O LORD! O LORD, we pray, give us success!” (Psa 118:24-25 ESV)

As I meditate on the passage of scripture above, three things come to mind.

  1. This day that we are living in right now, has been made by the Lord. I notice that the focus of the psalmist is on just this day. We cannot rejoice and be glad in tomorrow, because it has happened yet. We cannot rejoice and be glad in yesterday because it is already gone. But we can rejoice and be glad in today, when we recognize that our Loving, Sovereign, Heavenly Father is the one who made it.
  2. Rejoicing and being glad is a choice. The KJV put's it this way, "We will rejoice and be glad in it." This day with all of it's problems and challenges is still something that we can choose to rejoice and be glad in. There is much for which to be thankful, because the bountiful hand of the Lord has given much.
  3. We should pray for our own success, realizing that our success comes from the hand of the LORD, and not our our cleverness or ability.
Let's rejoice in this day, knowing that our God made it, and let's depend upon Him for our success in it!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I enjoyed this post. It helps me because, God has brought me back to himself today but I kept worrying about the days to come and hoping that I could stay committed to Him and spending time in the Word and in prayer, but I have learned through this to take it a day at a time. Not worrying about what tomorrow or the next day holds but focusing on the day at hand! Thanks dad! I love you!!