- Fellowship is mutual participation. It is the sharing of common Life. The literal meaning of the word is, partnership, i.e. (literally) participation, or (social) intercourse, or (pecuniary) benefaction: — (to) communicate(-ation), communion, (contri-)distribution,
- Fellowship is based upon the experiencing of that life. i.e. hearing, seeing touching etc.
- In order for fellowship to take place, their must be a willingness to testify to the experiencing of that life. “and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)” (1John 1:2 KJV)“that which we have seen and heard we proclaim also to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us” (1John 1:3 ESV)
- Fellowship is both vertical and horizontal. “so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ.” (1John 1:3 ESV)
- Fellowship is a pleasurable experience for all that involve themselves in it. “And we are writing these things so that our* joy may be complete.” (1John 1:4 ESV)“And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.” (1John 1:4 KJV)
- Fellowship can take place through writing!
- Fellowship requires that we walk in the Light “If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.” (1John 1:6-7 ESV)
Dear Lord, may we walk in the ligh this day, enjoy fellowship with you, and others that are enjoying fellowship with you.