Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Seeking God by Seeking His Word

“Blessed are those who keep his testimonies, who seek him with their whole heart,” (Psa 119:2 ESV) “With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments!” (Psa 119:10 ESV)

It is interesting that the psalmist couples seeking the Lord with one's whole heart, with keeping his testimonies, and not wandering from His commandments.

There is a direct correlation between seeking the Lord with one's whole heart, and their relationship with His Word. Though reading, meditation on, and studying the Word of God are not the only way to seek the Lord, it is a very important way.

Many times in my life when I have felt distant from the Lord, I have prayerfully gotten in to His Word, and heard from Him, and was drawn closer to Him.

To me there is no joy or peace in this life with all of it's problems, apart from a joy giving, peace giving faith in the Lord. And where do we get that faith? Rom. 15:13 ¶ May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. Rom. 10:17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.

No comments: