Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving


I realize that this is a day late for a Thanksgiving post, but I did want to write some things that I have been thinking.

I am thankful that this Thanksgiving, my niece and her family got to come down and spend some time with us. I had to sneak up and get this picture of her because she doesn't like her picture taken. :)

Things have really changed for Holly and I this year. For the first time in over 25 years we are not in full time ministry. I must say that I enjoy what I am doing, and am very thankful for the way the Lord has provided a way for us to make a living.

I am especially thankful for my partner Sid Baker. Sid's kindness, vision, and wisdom have really been very helpful to me these last few months. Sid is a Christian who loves the Lord Jesus Christ, and I am looking forward to working a long side him for many years to come.

I am also thankful for my son Joel, who is working with us. His insight into business owners, and advertising is very helpful to what we are doing. I am proud of him and his work at Southside. I am thankful for Waynette, who is a godly wife and mother, and of course little Alena Marie!


This year we saw the last of our unmarried children get married. I can honestly say we did not lose a son, but gained a daughter in law. We love Cheryl very much! We are so thankful that God has given Jeremy a godly wife. We have been able to spend some really good quality time with Jeremy and Cheryl in the last several weeks. Jeremy has been working with me also in graphic design for the websites that we have been building. His ability in design is amazing!

I am also very thankful for Nathan and Bethany. They have had a very difficult year but have persevered and are doing well in San Francisco. We miss them very much, and are looking forward to their coming home after the first of the year. Nathan has done very well in completing his basic training in the Coast Guard and is working on his advancement in rank.



It is hard to believe that John and Rachel have two children that are as big as they are! They are coming up next week, and spending 10 days with us while John goes to Europe on business. I thank the Lord for John and the way he takes care of his family. I wish we could spend more time together.



I am very thankful for the love of my live. It is hard to believe that we are working on our 28th year of marriage! She is more beautiful to me than she has ever been! I am looking forward to continuing to grow old with her. It has been amazing, just her and I the last several weeks. We are able to have lunch together, and spend quiet evenings together. I love our life together!

Finally, I am thankful for the Lord Jesus Christ! It is because of His marvelous grace and mercy that I have all of these things and many more for which to be thankful. One day my life on this earth will be over, and I will enter in to His Presence to spend eternity thanking, praising, and worshiping Him for all that He has done for me.

2 comments:

David L. McMullen said...

Good Post,

You are indeed a blessed man!

David

Bethany said...

Hi dad,

I wish that I could have been there! Maybe next year! I miss you! Love you!!!