Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Mothers in My Life.

Tomorrow is Mother's Day.  I have been working most of the day getting ready for the services that we will have at the church that I serve. I have been thinking all day about the mothers in my life.  Tonight I want to write a tribute to them.


My mother Wanda Turner, was a godly, practical woman, who had much common sense.  She was one of the hardest working people I have ever known.  She was responsible, and she loved us kids unconditionally.  She went home to be with the Lord two years ago, and there is not a day that goes by that I don't think about her.  I am thankful for her and wish I could talk to her tonight.  I always remembered her on mothers day, but I wish I would have done more for her.




 

My oldest daughter Rachel Andersen. I fully realize that she is my daughter and not my mother! My mind doesn't work as good as it used to but I am not that bad off yet! However she is the mother of two of my grandchildren. And I must say that I have profound respect for her as a mother. She loves her children and her family, and takes wonderful care of them.  She loves the LORD, and is one of the best writers I have ever read. I am so proud of her! I love you Rach!







Cheryl Turner is my daughter in law, and the mother of two of my grandsons. I am thankful for how you love and take care of Preston, and Zac. as well as how you love Jeremy.  You are a wonderful mother, and wife. We are blessed to have you in our family! I thank God for you!




Waynette Turner is my daughter in law and the mother of one of my granddaughters, one of my grandsons, and soon to be the mother of my youngest grandchild. Thank you for  how you love and take care of your Alena, and Luke, and how you love Joel.  We love you and are glad that you are in our family!







My youngest daughter Bethany Goddard. She is the mother of one of my grandson, and one of my granddaughters.  I have seen you walk through very deep water in the last several months and come through stronger and more godly than even before. I am so thankful for how God is working in your life, and how you are a godly mother to your children, and as well as a godly wife to your husband. I pray for you daily, and love you more than I can say!




I have saved the best for last. Holly the mother of all my children. There is no way that I can put into words what you mean to me. I have the deepest and most profound respect for you. Your influence on our entire family cannot even be measured.  You are the wife of my youth, and I am enjoying growing old with you.  You make me very happy. You are the greatest mother I have ever known. Thank you for filling our lives with your smile, and your love! Your family deeply loves you!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Thank you for the really nice blog. I have enjoyed being the mother of your children and being your wife. We ARE growing OLD together :)
I am so thankful for our family. What joy they bring to us.
I love you!
Wify

While You Wait Publication said...

That was wonderful to read! Thank you for the kind words. We are a family brought together by God.