Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Chosen, and Called as HIs Possession for a Purpose

“You shall be holy to me, for I the LORD am holy and have separated you from the peoples, that you should be mine.” (Lev 20:26 ESV)

“who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works. But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.” (Titus 2:14; 1Pet 2:9 ESV)

There is much more in these verses than I will be able to bring out in the short time that I have this morning. But it is wonderful to realize that God set His love upon us. He purchased us, and separated us for His own purpose. He made us His own possession.

Our response? We should be holy, zeoulous of good works, proclaiming the excellencies of Him you call us out of darkness into his marvelous light.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Amen! :) Thank you for being faithful to post!!! Its always a blessing to me!!! I love you!!!