Thursday, December 13, 2007

Rev. 4:11 “Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created.”

It is interesting, that in this scene from eternity, the fact that God created everything is the reason given for why He is worthy to receive glory, honor, and power. We must understand that the meaning of receiving glory, honor and power, is actually ascribing glory, honor and power.

We cannot give glory to God in the sense of making Him more glorious, but we give glory to God in the sense of recognizing and speaking of His Glory.

The King James Bible says, "and for they pleasure the are and were created." Creation exists for one reason only, to reveal the glory of God, and thereby to give Him pleasure. God's greatest pleasure is in His own glory! Creation mirrors back God's glory to Himself, and brings Him pleasure.

I am thankful this morning that God chose to give me existence, and then chose to save me and make me part of His Family. I must confess that my life doesn't always reflect His glory. I "come short of the glory of God" often. But when I confess my sin and repent, God's glory is manifested in that He shows me grace and mercy and forgives me.

I am thankful that my standing is in Christ this day, and therefore no matter what I am guaranteed acceptance with God.

Truly He is good!

1 comment:

David L. McMullen said...

Hi Aaron, These are some very good words!
"I am thankful that my standing is in Christ this day, and therefore no matter what I am guaranteed acceptance with God."

Truly He is good!

To me the cross was love crucified by sin and as such a full payment.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

If a man stands at all it must be in Christ or no man stands. With that and as you said, "no matter what One is guarenteed acceptance with God. Truly, He is Good!"

Good Thoughts!


Your friend,

David